Wednesday 4 November 2009

Outsiders and Dialoguing

I don't know how to spell dialoguing. Apparently you can't. Oh well.

Anyway, I revamped the ole myspace (check me out: www.myspace.com/theplaguecontinues) and I released an EP of covers BLAH BLAH BLAH I've written so much about that already and its all on the myspaz.

Gladly though, I do have something new to share. I have been writing (very) short stories for my friend's project. Here is one I made earlier:


DIALOGUE BETWEEN TWO MEN IN A BATHROOM WITH A SINGULAR CUBICLE AND NOTHING MORE

“Excuse me.”
“No.”
“What?”
“This is a queue.”
“A queue?”
“Yes. There is only one cubicle in this facility and a very large man is currently occupying it.”
“Oh. I see.”
“Yes.”
“Suppose I shouldn’t have had that sagwala for lunch.”
“Sorry.”
“I said I shouldn’t have had that Indian food for lunch.”
“No I didn’t say sorry as if I wanted you to repeat it. I apologised.”
“Oh. Well how do you know it’s your fault?”
“Well, you say you went to an Indian restaurant?”
“Yes.”
“Was it the tandoori of the corner of Eversham Street?”
“Yes.”
“Well I work there. I am the head chef.”
“Ah. You are clearly Indian.”
“Yes. And I am also wearing a chefs’ hat.”
“I just assumed that was a costume.”
“That would have been quite peculiar.”
“Well people often visit public bathrooms to change into costume.”
“Yes, but I am entering the bathroom, not leaving it.”
“True, that.”
“Yes.”
“So, earlier.”
“Yes.”
“You said sorry.”
“Yes?”
“When I mentioned the Indian food, you said sorry.”
“I did.”
“Why?”
“Oh well. It’s a long story.”
“That fat guy’s been a while already. He’ll probably be a little longer.”
“Well the truth I am here and not at work is because have been accidentally poisoning our customers slowly and over a period of time and about 37 minutes ago we burnt the restauraunt down.”
“Oh.”
“Yes. See my family have been ridiculed for a very long time and we have had enough. I actually remember you as a child vomiting all over our own bathrooms and leaving it for us to clear up. So we’ve been killing you.”
“How long do I have?”
“You ate the sagwala?”
“Yes.”
“It doesn’t look good.”
“Well. The fat man has left the cubicle now.”
“You best go then.”
“He looks pretty thin now too. Probably did him some good.”
“Yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment