Wednesday 7 January 2009

For 2009...

Hello, hello

For the new year I have planned to finish something. This has never happened with my my music before, but Noen Thomas will have a finished product at some point this year (probably before May).

I say that like its an accomplishment but the truth of the matter is I hope to have four 'somethings' made this year. In fact, the first is completely demoed with a band lined up (of which will help to shape album number 2). These will be called "This Is The Way It Has To Be" and "Going Postal" respectively. They will be both drawing on visceral alternative rock as well as blues and some slow-burn folk.

As said a band has been picked (even if they don't fully know it yet) and will feature drums, another guitar and keyboards. Oddly the first one is taking shape as an Sonic Youth record and the other is a calmer version (but slightly more tense...unavoidable)

Towards the second part of the year I hope release two more records both of which will be different to eachother and the first two. The first (or shall I say the third) will be my first officially folk album, taking a lot of influence from Neil Young with layered guitars - however my love of space and dreams will also play a part too. That one will be called "On An Empty Night, I Thought Of You". The last release from Noen Thomas currently planned for 2009 will be a mythical folk guitar album called "Davy Crockett and the Last of the Alamo Fighters". A few older songs will be included.

Not all the music has been written but I'm planning on having the first two out in May and the second two in October. They will be released in pairs and obviously when I say 'released' i mean you can buy them from me if you want but they won't be in shops or anything.

For now, goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment